Thursday, April 3

Tomato Artichoke Salad

As my Tomato Stuffed Chicken from One Sweet Appetite baked, I knew I wanted a bright, crisp and flavorful side salad as an accompaniment. I had recently picked up some beautiful Roma tomatoes from my local grocery store and used them to build this fun salad. Using pre-marinated artichoke hearts gives a great base for this side and the cucumbers provide that needed crunch I was craving. This dish would also be phenomenal with your favorite dipping cracker. Personally, I'm thinking some Kashi Original 7-Grain or Triscuit Brown Rice. 


3 oz marinated artichoke hearts (about 1/2 of a small 6.5 oz jar) (I like to drain off most of the liquid)
1/2 cucumber peeled and diced
3 roma tomatoes diced
2 garlic cloves minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
1/4 cup mozzeralla cheese shredded

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. This salad is also great made ahead and even more flavorful after chilling in the fridge for a couple of hours.



Hmm, fresh basil just the smell alone, so refreshing
  

No comments:

Post a Comment