Friday, August 8

Meals for the Week!

Happy Friday and welcome to the weekend! For once it is not 100 degrees outside and we're hoping to get outside and soak up some vitamin D. Call me crazy, but I think I'm getting the Fall itch! Anyone else?

If there is anything in particular you would like to see in this weekly post please comment below! I'd love to hear your favorites! In the meantime enjoy these top 5 meals!

1. One of our favorites this week was Rainbow Thai Chicken Salad by Gimme Some Oven. Not only does this salad look absolutely beautiful but the taste is marvelous! To avoid soggy leftovers the next day, serve the peanut dressing on the side.


2. Another great dish and one pot meal is Healthy Arroz Con Pollo from Women's Health Magazine. I prefer the texture of brown basmati rice over brown short grain and felt the basmati rice gave the dish a lighter texture. Use fresh rather than canned tomatoes if you have them on hand.


3. If you haven't tried my Turkey Panini with Almond Basil Pesto you are missing out my friend! This recipe could easily end up on a weekly rotation at my house. The easy homemade pesto is also a great way to use garden basil.


4. We all love fast and easy meals and Rachel Ray's Mexican Lasagna is just that. I've made this recipe with ground chicken, turkey, beef and even meatless and each time is still delicious! Use whole wheat tortillas instead of white for a healthy substitute. 


5. And lastly Falafel from Melissa d'Arabian. I serve these tasty patties with whole wheat pita pockets, fresh sliced tomatoes, spinach, red onions and my favorite Greek Yogurt and Cucumber Sauce



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment