Friday, October 24

Easy Crock Pot Chicken Curry



Last summer I had dinner with a sweet friend from college. Although we live on opposite sides of the country and only see each other a couple times a year, the times we do get to hang out seem as if no time has past since the last visit. It's one of those friendships you can jump in right where you left off and the time lapse doesn't matter.

Anyway, for dinner that evening she served the most scrumptious crock pot chicken curry. Tender, juicy and bursting with flavor I was surprised how EASY she said the recipe was to make. She shared that the recipe was from a friend and has given me permission to share with all of you!







I'm writing this as phenomenal smells are drifting from my kitchen. I'm pretty sure I'm drooling or close to it and trying not to sneak too many bites before the hubs comes home.

Adapted from the kitchen of Shaye S.

Serves 4

Easy Crock Pot Chicken Curry

Curry
1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
1 can full fat coconut milk
4 tablespoons yellow curry powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
2 cups diced tomatoes
3 tablespoons honey

Toppings
Peanuts
Raisins

Basmati rice

Combine all curry ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours. Shred chicken and cook on LOW for 4 additional hours. Serve over basmati rice and top with peanuts and raisins.

*** I love to cook my rice with 1/2 teaspoon turmeric and 1 tablespoon butter to give it a nice rich color and flavor***


No comments:

Post a Comment